Markets for Sensors in the Internet of Things 2014-2021
The much-heralded arrival of the Internet-of-Things (IoT) will lead to a remaking of the sensor industry, generating hundreds of new opportunities for Internet-connected sensors. This is the first time we are seeing a mass market emerge for novel sensor types; IoT insiders are now talking about billions of sensors being deployed. Also, the sensors required by the IoT will have special requirements, notably for low cost, low power consumption and secure connectivity. As a result, the IoT is already reshaping the sensor industry, opening up the market to new entrants and creating new challenges for existing sensor makers to ramp up volumes and form new business ecosystems that can help ensure success in new markets.
In 2013, NanoMarkets published the first industry analysis covering the new sensor opportunities brought about by the rise of IoT. In this report, we bring the story up to date, based on the latest IoT deployments and products.
As in the previous report we provide coverage of six types of sensor: light, heat, touch/pressure, motion, acoustic and gas/chemical. The report also focuses on six applications areas that NanoMarkets believes are key to the rapid growth in revenues that are expected in the IoT sensor business. These applications are: home automation, commercial building automation, media and gaming, healthcare, industrial applications, and transportation.
This report contains granular eight-year forecasts of all of these applications with breakouts of the kinds of sensors and hubs used in each and in both volume and value terms. There is also a revenue forecast by geography. The report also discusses the strategies and products of firms that are already hooked into the opportunities that IoT sensors present.
NanoMarkets believes that this report will be essential reading for marketing and business development executives in the sensor, smart materials, data communications and automation sectors, as well as investors seeking profitable new directions in the Internet-of-Things.
- Low power
- Low cost
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Device Design Tendencies
- Novel Power Sources
- Device Design Again
- New Manufacturing and Materials Platforms
- ZigBee Forever?
- A Role for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Sensor Design and Security
- Gateway Security
- Current and Future Needs for IoT Sensors in Home Automation
- Smart Grid Sensors in the Home Area Network (HAN)
- Eight-Year Forecasts of IoT Sensor Markets for Home Automation
- Current and Future Needs for IoT Sensors in Commercial Building Automation
- Eight-Year Forecasts of IoT Sensors for Commercial Buildings
- Special Factors Impacting the Gaming Business
- Eight-Year Forecasts of IoT Sensors for Media and Gaming
- Healthcare Megatrends and IoT Sensors
- Applications and Opportunities for IoT Sensors in Healthcare
- Eight-Year Forecasts of IoT Sensors for Healthcare
- Oil and Gas and IoT Sensors
- Smart Grid and IoT sensors
- Eight-Year Forecasts of Sensors of IoT Sensors for Industrial Applications
- Tracking Systems
- Public Transportation and Fleet Management
- Public Parking and IoT Sensors
- Eight-Year Forecasts of IoT Sensors Transportation
- Breakout by Application
- Breakout by Type of Sensor
- Eight-Year Forecast by World Region/Country
- Key Points from this Chapter
Markets for Sensors in the Internet-of-Things – 2014-2021
No Related News
SAMPLE NOT AVAILABLECONTACT US